Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for Thursday, February 25th

Hello Dear Readers,

Last night I played at Roadside Attraction in Sean Flinn's band. I usually play bass but last night Seth from Oh Captain My Captain and Jen Moon had it covered. Rachel Blumberg was on drums. I always thought she was a great drummer, so that was a treat when Sean asked me to play and she was there behind the kit. Luzelena and I sang back-ups and it was awesome. But I really want to tell you about Steve Hefter. He was great. He had gathered a band of his friends to back him, but his secret weapon was having Ezza Rose on board. I have seen her under her name and I want to say some other acts as well. I love her voice. She did a few duet type songs with Steve that worked really well. Anyway, I have a full day ahead of me so I will make this quick. Here is a show that look 'aight:

Thursday, February 25th

Holocene is having a show with White Fang, Pete Swanson, Mattress, Strategy, Hammer of Hathor, DJ Hostile Tapeover. This is TAPEFEST. There will be live sets from these artists and plenty of tapes for sale from Gnar Tapes, Eggy Records, Karamazov Tapes, UHU Tapes, Meandering Tapes, and Stunned Records. White Fang makes pARTy punk. Pete Swanson was half of Yellow Swan. Strategy makes advanced dance music. Hammer of Hathor makes jazz inflected experimental rock. DJ Hostile Tapeover is a DJ that uses tapes instead of records (gasp!). The show is FREE and starts at 8 PM.

If you see me at any of these shows please say, "Hi".

-Ben


This is where I found out I liked White Fang. See them tonight at Holocene for FREE

No comments: