Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for Wendesday, February 24th

Hello Dear Readers,

Last night I played at The Woods as Part of The Portland Round along with Adrienne from Autopilot and John vecciarelli. I think Rounds in general are weird. There are at least three musicians and they only play one song and then switching off to the next. I made the analogy of the round like having an ipod shuffle with very few artists. but also like shuffling songs on an ipod your very rarely get a set of songs that has a flows. Luckily all three of us are not so different that anything was jarring. But is kinda weird to hang out on a stage while other people are performing. There were also some painters painting while we played too. That was kinda cool. Anyway i am super tired today. Here are the shows that look interesting though:

Wednesday, February 24th

Roadside Attraction is having a show with Sean Flinn and The Royal We and Steve Hefter. Or at least that is the rumour. I play in Sean Flinn's band (bass and vocals). I got a text last night asking if I could play it. I said yes. And then last night at The Woods Brian Rozendal told me that his friend Steve Hefter is playing. I recently got a copy of album of his and liked it a lot. Oh and Sean Flinn's songs are great. i was a fan before I was in the band as is the case with most of the bands I play in. you should come out and see how many members of Y La Bamba you can spot in Sean's band. I would say that the show is FREE and starts at 9 PM, though I have no way to confirm it.

Doug Fir is having a show with The Deep Dark Woods (Saskatoon), The Physical Hearts, and Kelly Blair Bauman. I have not seen any of these bands. I know that Saskatoon is in Canada. I also know that the Doug Fir website described Deep Dark Woods as "Timeless Folk Greatness". I think I have written about The Physical Hearts before. I know that I have written about Kelly Blair Bauman before. He even put something I wrote on his myspace page. That is always weird, because I never remember what I wrote. I always read a quote and I am like " I totally agree with that" and then I see that I wrote it. Then I feel silly. Whatever. Kelly's songs are great. you should check them out. The show is $7 and starts at 9 PM.

If you see me at Roadside say "Hi". If you do not see me at Roadside tonight that means that either a) you did not go to Roadside or b) something is very wrong.

-Ben


Steve Hefter & Friends of Friends will play with some friends tonight at Roadside Attraction

No comments: