Friday, February 12, 2010

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for Friday, February 12th

Hello Dear Readers,

Last night I went and saw BOAT and Jared Mees & The Grown Children at The Roseland. They were both opening up for the Presidents of The United States of America. It was so great to see them on a big stage with all the lights that accompanied this kind of show. I have a video of one of Jared Mees & The Grown Children but the audio is too loud so I won't post it. But let's just say that it looked amazing. I had to cut out before the Presidents played to go to an AristeiA practice. We are playing in Seattle tonight as part of the the Culmulus Festival. So I will miss all of these awesome shows. But man I wouldn't know what to see anyways.

Friday, February 12th

Holocene is having the CD release show for Laura Gibson and Ethan Rose. Benoit Pioulard is also playing the bill. I really want to see this show. The album is so pretty. I tis the perfect amalgamation of the tow artists. Plus I have been meaning to check out Benoit Pioulard as he is one of the few acts I actually missed at last years PDX Pop. The show is $8 and starts at 7 PM.

Mississippi Studios is having a Haiti Benefit show with Horse Feathers, Sean Flinn & The Royal We, Alela Diane, Alina Hardin and Celilo. This is by far the best Haiti Benefit show Line up I have seen. All of the these bands are amaaaaazing. I forgot. If I was in town I would be at this show because I normally play bass and sing in Sean Flinn & The Royal We. Alina Hardin made an album with Alela Diane that I somehow have managed to not hear yet. I t came out in October and I have been meaning to check it out since them I know that "To Be Still", the other Alela album that came out last year, was excellent. The show is $15 and starts at 8 PM.

The Woods is having a show with Run On Sentence, Heroes & Villians, and Eggplant. I have on witnessed Run On Sentence play once, but it was so good that they pretty much gaurenteed a spot on this blog any time they play. I had no idea that Heroes & Villians still played shows. I have never seen them but have heard really good things about them. The show is $7 and starts at 9 PM.

The Green House is having a show with Mythological Horses, Ghost Town Rejects, Greg Miles Harris, and The Ocean Floor. I am writing about this show because I think Gregory Miles Harris writes really fun songs. I also think that when I saw The Ocean Floor play recently I had discovered something incredible. Even though I had seen them play before. They were good when I first saw them, but now they are off the charts good. The ALL AGES show is potluck style at 8 PM.

The Pink Room is having a show with Hosannas, Orca Team, Doubleplusgood, and Chrome Wings. Holy Moly! I love Hosannas. Wait.. isn't Lane, the drummer, playing earlier at the Green House? Double Duties? Any way the rest of the line up reads as a top bands that I really want to see but haven't yet. Except for Doubleplusgood who i saw play years ago with Church (pre- Hosannas) at Rererato. The ALL AGES show is FREE at 9 PM.

If you see me at any of these shows please say, "Hi". And then remind me that I should be in Seattle.

-Ben


There will be a whole lot less camera angles when Horse Feathers play tonight.

1 comment:

onehorserace said...

http://www.myspace.com/onehorserace