Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for Thursday, February 11th

Hello Dear Readers,

Last night I was so close to going out but at the last minute I didn't. I got the sleepies. Hard. Anyways, here are a bunch of shows that look good to me:

Thursday, February 11th

Roseland Theater is having a show with The Presidents of United States of America (Seattle), Jared Mees & The Grown Children, and BOAT. PUSA! Remember that band? Millions of Peaches. Peaches for me. Millions of peaches. Peaches for free." . Yeah well, apparently they are still making music and playing shows. Their goofy and catchy music, seems to have gotten a little more acoustic over the years. It will be interesting to see how this show goes down. The main reasons for me writing about this show are the opening acts. Jared Mees & The Grown Children always...always put on a great show. They are group of fun people that are fun to watch and create a very positive atmosphere. Plus the songs are great. They have quite a few unrecorded songs that I just can't get enough of. I can't wait for a new album. BOAT is another fun band. These Seattle boys play very hooky indie rock. Their songs are sometimes a bit silly which is perfect for this line up. This will be a great show. The ALL AGES show is $ and starts at 8 PM.

The Wail is having a show with White Rainbow, Infinite Body, and Eye Myths. White Rainbow is pretty awesome. He creates hypnotic drones and beats out I'd pretty simple things like keyboards, a guitar a bunch of guitar pedals and a chaos pad. It is rePly kind of a lo-fi way to go about making this kind of music and I love him for it. He makes it seem possible for me to make cool music. I had not hear Infinite Body before I started writing this post, but I think I got a grasp of what they are trying to do. They make pretty done music. I love pretty drone music. I would suggest you come to this show with maybe a sitting pillow so your but doesn't get sire from sitting on the floor blissing out. The ALL AGES show is $6 and starts at 7 PM.

The Red and Black Cafe is having a show with L.P. Avery (CA) and On The Stairs. I had not heard of Mr. Avery before this post. I think it is kinda funny, because he reminds me a lot of Leonard Mynx. "Why is that funny?", you may ask. Well because it seems like Nate Clark of On The Stairs only plays with Leonard Mynx. So when the one time he doesn't play with Leonard the person sounds like Leonard, I find it amusing. Both play folky rock. Though LP may be a little more folky. I actually recorded a vocal on his ep that may or may not be out. But if you go to his myspace page you can me sings some very long "oh's" on the really catchy song "When the dust comes down". Just saying. The ALL AGES show is FREE and starts at 8 PM.

If you see me at any of these shows please say, "Hi". And then dance with me. It will be fun.

-Ben


Black Mackey will probably play this song tonight.

No comments: