Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for Wednesday November 18th

Hello Dear Readers,

Last Night I saw the Young Widows and Russian Circles. Good lord it was so good. I wish you were there. These shows look good to me.

Wednesday, November 18th


Mississippi Studios is having a having a Paul McCartney tribute with Nick Jaina, Matt Sheehy, Jim Brunberg, Amelia Buoy la Rue, and Corin Tucker (Sleater Kinney), Dirty Mittens etc... Paul McCartney was in the freaking Beatles. I know I lot of people hate on him. Yes, he is not John Lennon. But who is? Plus these are some the best Portland's music. The show is $7 and starts at 8 PM.

Dunes is having a show with Palo Verde, Vibrato, and Stag Bitten. Palo Verde is so rad. They are heavy and loud and awesome. I don't really know the others. The show is $3 and starts at 9 PM.

Ella Street Social Club is having a show with Jesse Meade (Eugene), Leonard Mynx, Mike Midlo (of Pancake Breakfast), and Lindsay Clark. This will be a great and folky show. I have written about Leonard Mynx a million times I think is a damn fine songwriter. Mike from Pancake Breakfast is pretty cool. And Lindsay Clark is really great. I played a show with recently with her and it was great. The show is $5 and starts at 9 PM.

Dekum Manor is having a show with Protect Me (LA), Total Bros, Cat Stalks Bird, and Orca Team. The way I see this show is that there are a lot of punk kind of bands which are totally fun and then there is Orca Team. I really like what I have heard of them. They kind of have a surf rock indie-pop sound. The ALL AGES show is by donation and starts at 8 PM.

If you see me at any of these shows, please say "Hi".

-Ben


Nick Jaina will be singing a Paul McCartney song. Tonight at Mississippi Studios.

1 comment:

dharmabeatdown said...

Again with the tribute nights. You cool kids and your secret club. I hate you.