Saturday, November 14, 2009

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for Saturday, November 14th

Hello Dear Readers,

I think I figured out why I haven't been going to shows (I didn't go to a show last night). I have been practicing too late. I have been getting out of practices at around 10:00. That is pretty late to get something started again. I I were able to get out of practice at a reasonable hour, say 8:00, I think I would be fine. That being said I am excited about my bands practices. Here are some shows I am interested in. And tonight I don't have any practices so I have no excuse:

Saturday, November 14th


Slabtown is having show called Wish You Were Here which is an Ethos Benefit. It features the music of Greenladies, MJ5, Amoree Lovell, The Heavenly Oceans, Delightful Young Man, The Foxgloves, Gregory Miles Harris, The Royal Reds, and Sesus Christ. Ethos seems like a really cool place. I wish I had an Ethos as a kid. Plus I like Greenladies and Gregory Miles Harris. The only trouble is getting to that part of town. The show is $5 and starts at 9 PM.

The Knife Shop is having a show with Design.Drift.Distance, Minnow, PitchforkMotorway, and Sprinkles. My friend David Kyle (secret Codes) swears by the band Design.Drift.Distance. He even got the bassist to join his band. They sound like a late 90's post-rock band ala June of 44 or something. It is good That is why I am listing the show. But the female led post-punk of Minnow looks like it might be cool to see as well. The show is $5 and starts at 9 PM.

The Banana Stand is having a Why I Must be Careful and White Fang. Two really good bands for no money. Are you crazy? Why I Must Be Careful is a band I who is so good. They have very dynamic and intricate rhythms created between the play between the Rhodes piano and the drums. Very cool stuff. White Fang is just a blast of fun punk pop music. These Banana Stand shows are recording and have the ability to be released as live albums later. Pretty neat. The ALL AGES show is FREE and starts at 8 PM.

If you see me at any of these shows, please say "Hi". And then berate me for not going to any prior shows this week. It will be fun.

-Ben


Why I Must Be Careful plays tonight at The Banana Stand

No comments: