Saturday, January 30, 2010

Love and Loch Lomond

I love the Penny Jam. Right before I moved here I spent a solid day just listening to all the artists they've worked with and their selections are almost entirely inside my tastes in music. I decided to drop in today whilst perusing the intertubes and came across these guys.

Loch Lomond has got a great sound, mixing folk and acoustic instrumentation with a definable modern sense of rhythm and composition. There are some very tight vocal arrangements here and I'm very impressed with their live sound. I can't wait to hear what they sound like inside a studio with time to overdub and noodle about with levels.

Side Note: Right around minute three I swear I can hear a DC hardcore breakdown coming and I have to admit, I kind of want to remix the tune to include it.

Loch Lomond at the Ace Hotel from The Penny Jam on Vimeo.


Loch Lomond returns to Portland on February 4th, 2010 at the Doug Fir Lounge.

No comments: