Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for Wednesday, October 13th

Hello Dear Readers,

Nothing to make you want to not want to see a show like practicing music for hours. Or at least sometimes that happens to me. I am not saying that it happened to me last night, but that happened to me last night. Did you guys make it out to any shows? Which ones? Did you see what is happening tonight? This is what is happening:

Holocene is having Floating World Animation Fest. It will be pretty bomb. There will be "an epileptic amount of crazy-ass psychedelic animation". They are not subtle with their intentions. The show will also feature Nice Nice and Atole. I imagine that both bands can provide the perfect soundtrack to some trippy visuals. I have seen Nice Nice three times and I have had a blast every time. They play music that is straight up trance inducing. Like you just need to dance or bounce or make some sort of movement. The cool part is that is made by only two people. They have a lot of gear and do a lot of layered looping. But have a live drummer. That is hard to make work. But they pull it off. I have only seen Atole once but it was pretty fun. They definitely have a very high groove factor. They mix a lot of live instrumentation and electronic devices. It is sweet. The show is $7 and starts at 8 PM.

If you see me at this show please say, "Hi". I am hoping that you will.

-Ben

DMTV trailer - Floating World Animation Fest, Holocene, Oct. 13th 2010 from Floating World Comics on Vimeo.

Holocene tonight is going to be animated. Nice Nice and Atole!

No comments: