Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for Septeber 22nd

Hello Dear Readers,

Lately I have been so busy that I have kind of become a mess of a human being. Over the weekend I played with four of the five bands that I currently play with. I played five sets. I worked Saturday and Sunday. Yesterday I was planning on blogging but ended up working a 13 hour day instead. I am not complaining. I think it is awesome. I just wish that there were more hours in a day so's that I could talk to you folks. If I didn't have to sleep I would be fine. Actually I am not really sleeping that much. I guess what I really need is the ability to function late at night. Currently I don't function very well past 11 PM (unless aI am at a show). Anyways here are some shows for today.

Tuesday, September 22nd

East End is having a show with Danava, Wildildlife, and Mongoloid Village. Rock! I like good Rock music every now and then. This is a fine example of what a good rock show can be. Danava makes really sweet riff heavy music that is somewhat reminicesent of Sabbath. Mongoloid Village makes awesome heavy music. They used to practice across the hall from AristeiA. For the first several months we would alwasy wonder who was playing the awesome music. We finially left a note telling them we thought they sounded really cool and asking them what they were called. A couple weeks ago, AristeiA moved practice spaces. Within a couple days of our move we surpised to find that Mongoloid Village had just moved to the same practice space. I feel it is only a matter of time before I write a post where we are playing a show together. I know nothing of Wildlife, but if you get onthis bill it is probably for a reason (that you are good?). The show is $8 and starts at 10 PM.

Someday Lounge is having a show with Red Wire Black Wire (Brooklyn), Spesus Christ, and Pony Village. I don't know nothing except that I have been meaning to see Pony Village for a long time. Indie Rock! The show is $5 and starts at 9 PM.

Do if you see. Say "Hi". OR ELSE!!!

-Ben


Danava Play 2Nite at East End.

No comments: