Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for September 10th

Hello Dear Readers,

I missed shows last night. Damn. Maybe I will see some shows tonight? Here is what is happening.

Thursday, September 10th

Twilight Cafe & Bar is having a show with Olina and Prairie. These two bands are both pretty good. Olina plays pretty Americana. Prairie makes good indie rock music. Seriously, I wish I could write about music better, but you will have to trust me on this one it is good.The show is $3 and starts at 9 PM

East End is having a show with Mangled Bohemians, Jackie-O Mother, Moodring, and Paint & Copter. This show is for the slightly different kind of music lovers. Mangled Bohemians makes cool ambient music (if you like that sort of thing). Jackie-O Mother makes folk music that is far more psychedelic than say...well most folk. Moodring on the other hand I can only describe as dark. The show is $7 and starts 9 PM.

The TBA's The Works is having Rush-N-Disco play tonight. The works is located at Washington High School. Rush-N-Disco are great. Just ask Goldie. They redo youtube videos. Live and accapella. Sweet. The show is $8-10 and starts at 11 PM.

The Know (2026 Ne Alberta Street, Portland, OR) is having a show with Harvey Girls and Slutty Hearts. Harvey Girls is another one that Goldie kinda got me into. They play kinda weird good pop music. Slutty Hearts make even weirder pop music. So if you like kinda weird non-traditional pop music. This is the show for you. The show is FREE? and starts at 7 PM.

Red and Black Cafe is having a show with Mike Xvx (Santa Barbara), Camping Party, Shelby Sifers, and Lee Corey Oswald. I have seen Camping party party before. It is pretty cool. He does everything he can to recreate the lo-fi experience. He uses reverb heavily and everything else as I recall. Shelby Sifers makes cute and very good music. I have not seen her play in a very long time. Last time she had a few friends backing her. Though, I personally like her better as a solo act. The show is ALL AGES and FREE and starts at 7 PM.

So if you see me at any of these shows, please please please say "Hi". Just Sayin'

-Ben


Jackie-O Mother plays tonight at East End. Nice.

No comments: