Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for September 2nd

Hello Dear Readers,

Last night at Mississippi Studios was super fun. I was really kind of surprised at the amount of people (not as many as I would have suspected) who showed up to Ritchie Young's Performance. He is really pretty great. I am partial to the songs where he uses the violin as a strummed instrument. Then I well...Black Heart Moon I thought did pretty well (I was on stage singing for most of the time, so you really cannot trust my opinion). Then Auto Pilot killed it with their large sound (though for full disclosure I will admit I sang on three of their songs as well, but that was a sort of very last minute sort of deal). Adrian played a very Piano heavy set because the piano was right there. What? Was she not going to play it? I don't think so. So anyways, here are the shows that look good tonight.


Wednesday, September 2nd

Berbati's is having the start of a month long residency for AAN (inside the restuant portion of the place). I could not be happier. I think that AAN is amazing and I have been saying so for a while. It would seem people are starting to reckonize. I think my friend Matt said it best when he decribes AAN as one of the most intentional bands he has ever seen. Bud from AAN incorporates a lot of jazz chords and textural sounds from keyboards and samplers etc... He loops in a very effective way. What's even better is that The Sacastic Dharma Society is opening up (which includes my previously mention friend Matt). They are such a good band. The songwriting is sooooo good. And so is the music. I cannot stress enough how good of a show this will be. I am excited. The show is FREE and starts at 10 PM.

Laurelthirst is having a show with local Americana pros Celilo. I have seen these guys a couple of times now and they are solid. I think that they are also doing a residency. They will be playing every Wednesday in September for FREE at 6 PM. This is the first and like I said will be FREE and starts at 6 PM.

Peter's Room at the Roseland is having a show with Joshua James, Cory Chisel and Jared Mees & The Grown Children. Jared Mees is such a good band to see live. If you were at Rontom's last Sunday you could have gotten a free ticket to the show. I think that it is free anyway, but it is kinda cool to have the ticket. The ALL AGES show is FREE and starts at 8 PM.

So if you see me tonight, make sure that you say "Hi". Because if you don't then you might regret it.

-Ben


The Sarcastic Dharma Society plays tonight with AAN for FREE at Berbati's

No comments: