Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for September 9th

Hello Dear Readers,

I know it has been a while. I guess I have been very busy. And away from a computer. But here I am. And here are some shows.

Wednesday, September 9th

Berbati's is having the second installment of the AAN residency in the restaurant. Also, Brainstorm is playing. AAN is amazing. His song writing and arrangements are great. Brainstorm is kinda mathy and kinda cool. The show is FREE and starts at 10 PM.

Berbati's the actual venue side is having a show with Anomie Belle (Seattle), Benoit Pioulard. I am listing this show because have been impressed with what I have heard of Benoit Piolard. The show is $8-10 and starts at 8 PM.

Holocene is having a show with Michael Hurley, Sallie Ford & The Sound Outside, and St. Frankie Lee. Michael Hurley is a folk legend. He is pretty cool. I like his music. Also I feel like Sallie will be huge. She just toured with The Avett Brothers. And St. Frankie Lee is so much fun to see live. The show is $7 and starts 8:30 PM.

Doug Fir is having a show with Weinland, Telegraph Canyon, and Friday Mile. I have not seen Weinland since the released their last album Breaks in The Sun. They are super good at Americana pop that they play. Telegraph Canyon is from Ft. Worth, TX. That is right next to Dallas, TX where I grew up. One of my favorite local bands in Dallas was Centro-matic. I love Centro-matic. Will Johnson the lead guy in that band recorded and produced Telegraph Canyon and it has the same feel as some of Will's work. The show is $10 and starts at 9 PM.

So if you see me at any of these shows, say "Hi". Cause why wouldn't you?

-Ben


Sallie plays at Holocene tonight!

No comments: