Monday, September 14, 2009

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for September 14th

Hello Dear Readers,


Last night I saw The Congratulations/The Old Believers and The Red River at The Old Church. It was pretty cool. Though I think the idea of having it a church was cooler than actually having to do sound at a church. There were many many feedback mic moments. But over all the feel of the show for me was overwhelmingly positive. Plus the opening song was The Red River playing one of my favorite songs "Man on the Frontier" which I think included all three bands at once. It was one of those I can feel my heart trying to break loose from my chest type moments that one feels when experiencing great beauty through music. And I saw a lot of people I knew there. Including fellow CIMTB contributor Jess (shout out alert!). Anyways there are not many shows that I am interested in tonight, which is fine because MFNW is happening soon so I get it. But if I were to go to a show tonight, it would be one of these two.



Monday September 14th


Dekum Manor is having a "Tour Comeback" show for Here Comes A Big Black Could!!Tony Knives, Stag Bitten, and Tweakin Like Matty. This is not the kind of show I go to normally. I used to get down with punk but I haven't much lately. I never really did the live punk experience when I was actually really into punk. I was not aware of any house show scene in Dallas, TX So I feel I missed out on a lot. Something I might easily gain by going to this show. That being said, I don't really know if this qualifies as a punk show. It looks like it would probably be fun. The ALL AGES show is by donation and starts at 8 PM.


Valentine's is having a show withHornet Leg, Bridez (San Francisco), and "Friends". Hornet leg is kinda punk kinda not as well. I have heard that it is fun to see. Bridez are a rock band who play rock music. That is all. The show is FREE and starts at 9 PM.


So if you see me at one of these shows, and you might, please say "Hi". I will be the bearded one with the red hat.


-Ben


Hornet Leg...It's fun. Tonight at Valentine's

1 comment:

dharmabeatdown said...

Good to see you again, Ben! I think I will be doing an in-depth review of this show, including commentary from the baby.

Oh, and in case anyone needs help knowing what Ben looks like in case his red hat falls off, he sorta looks like a young hep Cat Stevens. Also he looks very familiar. BECAUSE HE'S FUCKING EVERYWHERE, MAN.