Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks

Hello Dear Readers,

No Time to talk. Just time to list shows. Here are the highlights. I know there are many more (Wolves in the Throne Room, anyone?), but whatevs.

Wednesday, July 15th

East End is having a show with Graveyard (Sweden), Ancient Age and Danava. If you like rock music. I mean real rock music. Then this is the show for you. I sometimes like real rock music. I think Danava is one of Portland's best ROCK bands. We don't have too many of them, so go support them. The show is $10 and starts at 9 PM.

The Artistery is having a show with Casiotone for the Painfully Alone, Cryptacize and Neal Morgan. I love me some Casiotone. At first I didn't dig his new album that much, but it totally grew on me. You should check it out. The ALL AGES show is $6-8 and starts at 7:30 PM.

Mississippi Studios is having a show with Rock Plaza Central and Carcrashlander. "Canada's best alt'not-country-orkestra" says somebody who is credited as being KUCI. I am unsure of the description, but it is better than anything I could come up with. I am mostly listing this show because of Carcrashlander. They have a new album (I am not sure if it is out or not) that I have been listening. It is a much more chill album than their last. You know how Graves albums are kinda chill? This is album is chill like that. It also sounds really good (like I mean the production and all of that). So go check it out. And tell their new guitarist Dave Dyas to turn up (last time I saw them play he was too quiet). The show is $10 and the doors open at 8 PM.

Someday Lounge is doing another Pabst sponsored Recession FREE Wednesday. This time around they have Anderson (Amsterdam), Root Beer & French Fry and Bombs Into You. I have a special place in my heart for electronic pop music. I very big place actually. If I had more patience I think I would try my hand at it. As it is I can barley manage to play an acoustic guitar. Tonight you can see electronic pop in many forms. I have not heard Anderson before, but really like what i heard. Root Beer and French Fry is a band I still have not seen despite my better judgement. I heard last time they played their drummer Andy Parker was not there though. I hope he is there tonight. Bombs into You are kind of like when Bush (the band) went a little electronic. The show is FREE and starts at 9 PM.

So say "Hi" to me if you see me at these shows. It would be nice.

-Ben


This is a funny video I found of someone singing along with a Carrashlander song. This could be you tonight at Mississippi Studios.

No comments: