Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for July 7th

Hello Dear Readers,

Are you down? I am totally down. To see shows and such. I think, I wish shows were at 3 PM. I am ready at 6 PM. The only shows that are at 3 PM are on the weekends when I am at work. Stupid. Anyways, here are some more Portland area shows. Check it.

Tuesday, July 7th

Mississippi Studios is having Ezra Carey, Karli Fairbanks (Spokane),and Scott Ryan (LA) play a show. Ezra new stuff sounds pretty cool. But I mostly write this for Karli Fairbanks. I think she is pretty bomb. Her music is good. The show is $8 and starts at 8 PM.

Valentine's is having a show with Tara Jane O'Neil, Marisa Anderson, and Broken Water (Oly). TJO recently released her record on K Records. I have only heard a little bit of it , but I really liked it. Marisa also plays in CITB fave Evolutionary Jass Band. So, I mean...Check it out, right? The show is by donation and starts at 9 PM.

Ella Street Social Club is having a show with AAN and Root Beer & French Fry. Seriously, I think that AAN and Root Beer & French Fry are some of the best in Portland. AAN makes relly cool kind of haunted folk with crazy effects in the mix. French Fry & Root Beer uses a lot of cool synths and guitars and stuff. Plus seeing Andy Parker playing drums in any context, is always entertaining. The show is a very cheap $2 and starts at 9 PM.

So say "Hi" if you see me at any of these shows. I am usually in the mood to give out high fives in return.

-Ben

Tara Jane O'Neil at the 930 Listening Room from Derek on Vimeo.


TJO lets you make the beat. Check her out at Valentine's tonight.

3 comments:

david.c.bryan said...

Thanks so much for writing this blog man. I've been reading it for a while, but hadn't gone to any of the shows. Last night I went to the French Fry & Root Beer show and it was awesome, especially for two bucks.

So thanks again. Keep up the Bloggin.

dharmabeatdown said...

Yeah, thanks, Ben. You rock!

Ben Meyercord said...

Cool. I wanted to go but there were some last minute changes in my plans.