Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for July 8th

Hello Dear Readers,

Happy Wednesday. Dud you see AAN last night? I missed it. I regret it. But there are more shows to see. There are always more shows to see.

Wednesday, July 8th

Doug Fir is having Natalie Portman's Shaved Head (Seattle), Copy, Hey Champ (Chicago), and Glint (Not America?). This is a dance party. Show. A dance show. A dance party show. Plus Copy is da bomb. I am not a huge dance music guy or anything, but that man knows how to layer him some melodies. His younger brother is in Natalie Portman's Shaved Head. It's a family affair. The show is $10 and starts at 9 PM.

Holocene is having a show with Helios, Saudade and Dash!. This looks to be a pretty chill show. I mean all of the acts have some ambient tendencies. Some more than others. But it is all very pretty, and I like what I have heard, but I get the feeling it is more a sit down kind of thing. Nothing wrong with that. The show is $7 and starts at 9 PM.

Someday Lounge is having a show Pabst Recession Proof Wednesdays with Sallo, Black Heart Moon. From what I understand, the Pabst Recession Proof Wednesday thing will be a series of good shows happening this summer at Someday Lounge. The best part being that it is FREE. Actually the best part might be the bands. Actually I am not sure which is better, but I do know that both are awesome. Black Heart Moon play very pretty and sad music that gets me swaying every time I hear it. Sallo play, well I am not sure exactly what kind of music, but it sounded really good. The show is FREE and starts at 9 PM.

Mississippi Pizza is having a show with Spirits of the Red City (Minneapolis), Joshua English and Kelli Schaefer. If you have not seen Kelli Schaefer yet, I think this is the show that you should go to. She has an incredible voice and writes really good songs. A combination that many people strive for but fall short of. The show probably by donation and starts at 9 PM.

So come say "Hi". I will say "Yo, wasup Homes?" or "Hello" or some other awesome greeting in return.

-Ben


Helios make pretty noises tonight at Holocene

No comments: