Thursday, July 30, 2009

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for July 30th

Hello Dear Readers,

I actually had to work today. Suck. I wanted to post this stuff earlier. Whoops.

Thursday, July 30th

Berbati's is having First Fest: Swim Swam Swum, Carcrashlander, Thee Headliners, Petracovich, Ocean Age and Wishyunu. That's a lot of cool bands for not a whole lot of moneys. Some of these bands I have been meaning to check out. Ocean Age in particular. Carcrashlander is also always so good live. This is a good show if you are into PDX Indie Rock. Oh, and its put on by Potlatlatch Presents. The show is $5 for tonight, but for a mere $10 you can go to all three nights of the Fest. It starts at 8 PM.

Hotel Deluxe is having The Woodlands play. Then they are going to The Secret of Nimh, one my favorite movies when I was growing up. You may recognize The Woodlands from their track that was featured on last years PDX Pop Now! CD compilation? The ALL AGES show is $8.

Ash Street Saloon is having Vs. the Sea are playing with play with a bunch of other bands that I don't have time to link to. I like Jared's songs. Maybe youwill too? The show is $5 and starts at 9:30.

Say "Hi" if you see me and you know what's up.

-Ben


Swim Swam Swum will play the First Fest tonight. Cool.

No comments: