Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for July 14th

Hello Dear Readers,

Last Night I played/attended the biggest house show I have ever witnessed. There were seven bands, what appeared to be 100 plus people. it was crazy. I think I want to do more house shows. But some people need to stop sucking at house shows. I.E. not vandalizing the neighborhood and making it so that said house can no longer provide you with FREE entertainment. Anyway, Here is what is going on today.

Tuesday, July 14th

Holocene is having a show with Privacy, Pumice (all over the place), Grouper, and Slaves. This show ranges from the regular-ish folk of Privacy to the weirdness of Grouper and Slaves version of folk. The show is $7 and starts at 8:30 PM.

Mississippi Studios is having a show with Sara Lov, All Smiles and Gavin Castleton. I am not too crazy about two of the acts, but I do really like Gavin Castleton. Check him out. It is cool. The show is $10 and starts at 8 PM.

Valentine's is having Death Songs, Romancing and Some Weird Sin (probably the wrong link but fun for me). Side projects! Am I right? Death songs is the guy from Shaky Hands. Romancing is one of the many projects from Charlie of Panther. I could not find the myspace for Death Songs. I know that one existed at one point. It was good. Anyway, this is a rare performance , so it should be good. This show is FREE and starts at 9 PM.

Doug Fir is havign a show with Shoeshine Blue, Rob Stroup & The Blame, Matthew Lindley & Troubadour Deluxe. WHo doesn't like some good 'ol Americana music. Perhaps spliced with some old blues? This show is specially spiced at FREE. Shoeshine Blue is pretty good. For real. The show starts at 9 PM.

Say "Hi" if you see me. Or you will meet my fist.

-Ben


Some call it boring. I call it pretty. Grouper plays tonight at Holocence.

No comments: