Friday, July 17, 2009

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for July 17th

Hello Dear Readers,

Yesterday at City Hall was fun. I thought all the bands were great. I want to thank St. Goldie and Kid Tyger for their posts. Anyway, here are some musical events you might be into.

Friday, July 17th

Dunes is having show with Breakfast Mountain, Serious Business and Lactacious. ALl of these groups make awesome electronic music and hard beats. I saw Breakfast Mountain last week. It was rad. I think that this will be a really fun show. The show is $3 and starts at 9 PM.

Mississippi Studios is having a show with Laura Veirs, The Old Believers and Cataldo (Seatalle). This will be a really good show. Dare I say worth the slightly higher cover charge. I have yet to see Laura play despite my having enjoyed her albums for a while now. But I mostly write about this show because I think The Old Believers are sooo good. The last several times that The Old Believers have played it has been with a larger band. Which is cool. I am not to fam The show is $15 and starts at 9 PM.

Ash Street Saloon is ahving show with The Ex-Girlfriends Club, Westfold, Black Market Sunday and The Oblik. Okay let me saw this first. I can not vouch for any of these bands except one. Westfold is bomb. Their performances are passionate and a fun thing to be a part of. They seem to have new songs every time I see them and they have a habit of constantly getting better. The show is $6 and starts at 9 PM.

So if you see me at any of these shows, then please say"Hi". I would like to try to make it worth your while. But in all honesty, I will fail. Whatevs.

-Ben



The sound quality on this is pretty awful but I just want to give you an idea of what THe Old Believers may sound like tonight.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Ben--I thought last night's show was awesome and I really appreciated you and Luz Elena signing my CD.

At the risk of being a total creeper, I drew a picture of the two of you here. Hope you like it.

Ben Meyercord said...

Oh my god that is so awesome, Glenn. I am going to send it to luz. Immediately.