Monday, November 22, 2010

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for Monday, November 22th

Hello Dear Readers,

Last night I did not see any shows. I had to help a certain someone with her homework. Sadly she has now gone back to California These are the shows that look good tonight:

Valentine's is having a show with LKN, Palo Verde, and The Tyrants. LKN hasn't played a show as LKN in about two years. She recently put out a split with Knife the Symphony. Her music usually consists of her recording all of the instruments including crazy good guitar playing and drumming. Live she incorporates Terrica Kleinknect on drums and Bobby Dezfulli on bass. It is rock music. Terrica and LKN also play toothier as Palo Verde where they switch and LKN is on Drums and Terrica on guitar. That project is more improvised though (and doesn't have vocals). I have never seen anyone whip their hair as effectively as LKN does. I don't know much about the Tyrants. The show is FREE and starts at 9 PM.

Kenton Club is having Lana Rebel & The Love Lasers. Lana and her band cover well tread territory of classic country. I absolutely love what I have heard, though. Not many people do it as well as she and hers do. The shows FREE and starts at 9:30 PM.

If you see me at any of these shows please say, "Hi". It is a called being friendly.

-Ben


Palo Verde and LKN play at Valentine's tonight!

No comments: