Monday, November 8, 2010

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for Monday, November 8th

Hello Dear Readers,

Last night I did not see any shows. I just was not feeling going out. But may be different and if it is, these shows look good:

Mississippi Studios is having a show with Trans Am, Nice Nice (Maryland), and Jonas Reinhardt (Monaco). Trans Am is a great band. They have been making music for a bout 15 years and have gotten good at it. Mostly they create electro rock. It is awesome. There is the kinds of jams that they produce. Nice Nice also make a unique kinda of music. It is centered around two dudes, a bunch of gear, and a very strong sense of groove. They are the perfect match for Trans Am. Whoops, I am mistaken. I just listened to Jonas Reinhardt. He is the perfect match for Trans Am. Playing the same sort of sic fi kinda of electro rock that is so easy to dance to. So I didn't mention it, but yeah. There should be a lot of body moving at this show. Bring your dancing shoes. The show is $13 and starts at 9 PM.

Valentine's is having a show with White Rainbow & Stag Hare, Diamond Catalog, and Rene Bell. White Rainbow is a musical loop artist. I think Stag Hare makes pretty sounding not quite ambient but soothing music. This show is the release celebration for a joint effort 12" they made on Marriage RecordsThis is to celebrate the release of the new White Rainbow and Stag Hare split release. You can listen to the whole thing here. As you can hear it is a bit more beat (although organic beats instead of programmed) driven so you can actually dance while you are trancing out. Diamond Catalog is the "alien techno band" of Pat Maherr aka Indignant Senility and many other monikers. The show is FREE and starts at 9 PM.

The Secret Society is having a show with Mike Apinyakul. You probably know Mike Apinakul better as Shoeshine Blue. I like his brand of blue country folk Americana whatever. He does it well. I have seen him play solo once and it impressed me. It was the first time I saw him. Since then I have been spoiled by him really good band that backs him. The show is FREE and starts at 9 PM.

Kenton Club is having Lana Rebel & The Love Lasers. This is what I said last time she had this show come up, "I have yet to make it out to one of these shows. I know that one day I will though. I really enjoy what I have heard of her music. I would I would enjoy it even more in a live setting. I mean I not a huge country, but I do really like it when it is done well. Lana Rebel does it really well. It is sad music about drinking and such. I love it." Sadly I still have not see her. But maybe tonight? The show is FREE and starts at 9:30 PM.

If you see me at any of these shows please say, "Hi". I am not going to make you, but that would be something you could do. If you wanted.

-Ben


Nice Nice at Mississippi Studios TONIGHT!

No comments: