Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for Tuesday, May 25th

Hello Dear Readers,

I went to the 28 Days of May Mansion last night. Y La Bamba played. I was pretty fun. Then I left and dropped off people including my roommate. Then I got home and remembered that I do not have a key to my place because I lent it out to my other roommate. This meant driving all the way to the Tube and watching part of a band's set that I did not catch the name of. It was 'aight. But I just wanted to go home. Which I eventually did. I want to say this to you guys as well. I am going on a vacation. An actual vacation. Not a tour. Not a family thing. But rather something for me. Which is something that I realize I have not don in about eight or nine years. So I am stoked. While I am gone I always recommend Pc-PDX. But for tonight this I will list these shows. I have been super distracted today so I cannot think to write much about all of the bands, but I am 90% sure that all of these shows will be good:

The 28 Days of May is having Oh Captain My Captain is playing and being filmed this evening at 6 PM. Many people are skeptical about the intentions of this thing. I am just a fan of Oh Captain My Captain. It will be a good time.

East End is having a show with Jacuzzi boys (Miami, FL), Total Bros, Nucular Aminals, and Orca Team. More house show bands invading the local music venues. Awesome. Especially Orca Team and Total Bros. The show is at 8 PM.

Valentine's is having a show with Key Losers (Katy Davidson of Dear Nora, The Finches (SF/LA), and Nervous & The Kid. i am a fan of Katy Davidson. Dear Nora was one of the Portland acts or semi-Portland at the time that I really loved when I lived in Texas. I saw her play in Denton, TX Once. Last November I got to open up for Key Losers first show as part of the Y La Bamba crew. I have heard very nice things about The Finches. The show is FREE and starts at 9 PM.

The Artistery is having a show with Stephen Steinbrink aka French Quarter (Arizona), Married in Berdichev (Denver), and Davis Hooker. I am feel like I have heard about French Quarter many times. He tours a lot. Like a lot a lot. Ask any house show touring band and I bet you they know this guy. Plus I have heard from a very trusted music fan that Davis Hooker is not to be missed. The ALL AGES show is $6 and starts at 8 PM.

If you see me at any of these shows please say, "Hi". It would do my heart good.

-Ben


Davis Hooker will do something like this tonight at The Artistery

No comments: