Monday, May 3, 2010

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for Monday May 3rd

Hello Dear Readers,

Last night I was planning on going out. Specifically to see my boy Perry Pfister play in Ponyghost and The Fed at Valentine's. But first I was going to take a quick nap. I had only gotten about seven hours of sleep for the previous two nights and was starting to feel it. Apparently I do not have the art of the quick nap mastered because I woke up at 11. I was like "damn!". Then after getting out of my clothes and brushing my teeth, I went back to sleep and I am happy to say that I am currently well rested. But I am show deprived. Luckily there is at least one show happening tonight:

Valentine's is having a show with DoublePlusGood, Serious Business, and Pegasus Dream. DoublePlusGood is a band I can totally get down with. They are a two piece that makes some of the catchiest, danciest, most electro-poppin' tunes in town. Another thing that I can totally get down with, is their practice of leaving free eps in a most record stores in town. Speaking of free eps...if you want to download the Pegasus Dream Miles of Sound ep, you can do so here. They seem to be more pop than electro pop. But that is not a bad thing. In their case it is a good thing, because they sound like they have a good thing gong. Serious Business has one song on their myspace. It is called The BFF song. Seems pretty serious. They too have an electro thing going. Oh look, you can get some of their demos for free too. Click here. The show is FREE and starts at 9 PM.

If you see me at this show please say "Hi". I said Hello at the beginning of this post. I am not saying you owe me but... you kinda do.

-Ben


DoublePlusGood will be kicking out some jams tonight at Valentine's

No comments: