Friday, April 23, 2010

Ben Meyrcord's Live Music Picks for Friday, April 23rd

Hello Dear Readers,
Oh my god. I am so tired. I played a super secret Y La Bamba show last night. Tahoe Jackson also played. It did not end until 3 am. I had to be at work today at 8 am. I feel funny. And sleepy. It was tons of funs though, and I regret nothing. In my tiredness this took a whole to get started. So these will be brief but, here are some shows that are happening tonight:

Elevated Coffee is having a show with Meyercord, Bybee Bard, and River Banks. Like I am not gonna list my show first. I think my band is pretty cool. We got some pretty sweet harmonies, some sick stand up bass, clarinet, and glock sprinkled trough out. Bybee Bard is another outlet for Justin Ready of Pigeons. River Banks is the guy who used to run The Blood Bank. The ALL AGES show is FREE and starts at 6 PM.

Eagles Lodge is having the Cascade Community Radio Launch with Heavy Nova (all-star Robert Palmer (r.i.p.) cover band), Sun Ship (megajam with members of Akron/Family, AU & Evolutionary Jass Band), Ylang Ylang (Panther + Joggers + Spooky Dance Band), Dragging an Ox Through Water, Billygoat, Slim Moon, DJ Magic Beans, DJ Deena Bee, Colin Jones, and Tiny vinyl. You can read all about it this previous post. The show is $7 ($5 if you are unemployed). It all starts at 7 PM.

Mississippi Studios is having a show with Dirty Mittens, DJ Beyonda, and DJ Hannukkah Miracle. Let me just say this, "Demo Release - 100 CDs FREE to the first folks through the door!." Also check this out. The show is $5 and starts at 10 PM.

Red and Black Cafe is having a Books to Prisoners Benefit show with Lee Corey Oswald and The Taxpayers. Folk punk bands doing something good. The show is at 7 PM.
The Artistery is having a show with Ah Holly Fam'ly, Blake Mackey, James Yeary and The Saxophones. Ah Holly Fam'ly has gone through some changes. I think it downsized? Go to the show to find out. The ALL AGES show is $6 and starts at 7:30 PM.

Jade Lounge is having a show with On The Stairs. On the Stairs has a CD that I sing on. It is Americana. And free. Like America. The show is FREE and starts at 8 PM.

If you see me at Elevated Coffee please say "Hi". Or give me a "High-five".
-Ben


If you get to Mississippi Studios at 10 you stand a chance to get a free ep. Just sayin'

No comments: