Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for Tuesday, April 27th

Hello Dear Readers,

Instead of going to any shows last night, I waited while my band mates watched The Blazers lose and then practiced until like 1:30 am. Honestly I kinda enjoyed both. Not that I dislike the Blazers, but it is sometimes funny to see people get all riled up over sports. Plus AristeiA is nearly done with a new song. Anyway, here are the shows that look good to me tonight:

Ella Street Social Club is having a show with Housefire and Asphalt Thieves. I don't know the order of this line up. But on a two band bill it shouldn't really matter. I am writing about this show because I want to see Housefire. I have written about a few of their shows now, but have not seen them yet. Yeah, Radiohead is probably mentioned anytime anyone mentions them but, hey...everyone love that band. I love that band too. Housefire has kinda dark music and a a similar vibe to Kid A. The comparsion is gonna be made. Asphalt Thieves is a duo that dabbles in electronic beats and indie pop tunes. I read one review that called it indie-tronic. Ha. Have you guys hear of emo-tronic. Double ha. Anyway, those are dumb genre name. The show is FREE and starts at 9 PM.

Burgerville (SE 12th and Hawthorne) is having a show with Macrocosm, Billions and Billions, Kotten-Dik. Okay I will admit it. I don't know these bands at all. Well I know of Billions and Billions, but not really. The reason I am listing this show, is because I think it is so cool that Burgerville has shows. I had to do a little research. Macrocosm refreshingly described themselves perfectly when they list their genres as psychedelic, metal, and jam band. Essentialy they are a psychedelic metal jam band. Billions and Billions are not too far off from Macrocosm. I guess they are less metal. Perhaps even more Jammy. I could not find any music of Kotten-Dik. I did find this video that might give you an idea of what they are all about. Basically this is the perfect venue for this show, because odds are the audience is gonna have the munchies. The ALL AGES show is FREE and starts at 6 PM.

If you see me at either of these shows please say "Hi". I am wearing a beard and green pants.

-Ben


Billions and Billions play loud and proud at Burerville this evening.

No comments: