Saturday, April 24, 2010

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for Saturday, April 24th

Hello Dear Readers,

Last night I played at Elevated Coffee. It was awesome. I did not use any amplification just me and my band. It felt awesome. I can't seem to gather my thoughts today. But I still think have opinions on what shows are good. Anyway, tonight I am playing with Y La Bamba at the SOLD OUT Food Cart Fest. But look at all these other shows that are not sold out:

Aladdin Theater is having a LEP Rocks Benefit with Jackie Greene (Sacramento), Point Juncture, WA, Dirty Mittens, BEDM. These are great bands. Oh and if you miss them here you can see them at the Food Cart Fest (if you already have a ticket). The ALL AGES show is $10-$20 and started at 1130 AM.

Satyricon is having a show with Japnather, Wampire, Diamon Liars, and Thuggage. Wampire is great. HTey write pretty catchy tunes that are real easy to dance to. Thuggage manages to be really good and really funny. This is a feat that is extremely difficult to pull off. The show is $8 and starts at 8 PM.
Doug Fir is having a show with Blue Horns, St. Frankie Lee, and Oh Captain My Captain. All of these bands are great. The Blue Horns are a kinda Jangley indie rock band who is great. St. Frankie Lee is the product of a couple in love who write countryish music. Oh Captain My Captain is so good. They write perfect pop music. They mix Beach Boys, Queen, and Pedro the Lion together great tunes. The show is $5 is 9 PM.

Backspace is having a show with Red Fang, SubArachnoid Space, and Nether Regions. Metal for all! These are all heavy bands that are not too elitist to have fans that listen to music that is not exclusively metal. Plus it is ALL AGES. The ALL AGES show is $7 and starts at 9 PM.

The Knife Shop is having a show with Sons if Huns, Mist and Mast (Berkley), and Guantanamo Baywatch. Guantanamo Baywatch is why I am listing this show. Check them out. The show is $ and starts at 9 PM.

If you see me at any of the shows please say "Hi". I cannot promise to be there, but I will try.
-Ben

Red Fang! Red Fang! Red Fang! They play at Backspace tonight.

No comments: