Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for Tuesday, March 9th

Hello Dear Readers,

Last Night I did not go to a show. For Shame! If you did please a comment about what show it was that you saw and how great and/or horrible it was. I on the other hand, got out of AristeiA practice at 9 and then helped a friend move until 11. I did not feel like seeing a show after that. But tonight might be different. Here are the shows that look good and or interesting to me (warning it was busy at work so I will be brief):

Tuesday, March 9th

The Woods is having a show with Drew Victor (Brooklyn), Passenger & Pilot, and Leonard Mynx. I like the recordings and usually the ever changing bands he arranges. Tonight he will be giving away digital downloads of a bunch of unreleased stuff. The show is $6 and starts at 9 PM.

Valentine's is having a show with Lovers, Broken Water (Olympia) and Dusty Springfeelins. I love Lovers and their new electro-pop direction. Dusty Springfeelins has something to do with Emily Barker who has a lot to do with this. The show is FREE and starts at 9 PM.

Doug Fir is having a show with Weinland, The Maldives (Seattle), and Or The Whale (San Francisco). Weinland some how turned into a rock band between records. I have played with and liked the rather large (member wise) band Or The Whale. Think epic country. The Maldives do country really well. I say them once and was blown away. The show is $10 and starts at 9 PM.

The Know is having a show with Nucular Aminals and Play/Start. I keep hearing that Nucular Aminals are great live. I also really want to see a show at Burgerville. The show is probably FREE and starts at 9 PM.

Burgerville (SE 12th and Hawthorne) is having a show with Karen, Total Noise, and Paul Schesinger. Karen's and Total Noise keep popping up in my picks. Find out why and either clink on their links or go to the show. Just in case you are wondering, I think Total Noise and Total Bros are unrelated. The ALL AGES show is FREE and starts at the unlikely hour of 5:45 PM.


Ella St Social Club is having Cat Stalks Bird, I Love Cats! (MI), and Don Hellions. i really like Don Hellions and their Organ/Sax Croon soaked tunes. The show is $2 and starts at 9 PM.

Work/Sound is having a show with Derek M. Johnson (Olympia), Andrew Senna (Seattle), Dash!, and Greg Skloff. Dash! does an excellent job building up layers upon beautiful layers of gorgeous pedal effected viola. Very impressive. The ALL AGES show is $5 and starts at 8 PM.

If you see me at any of these shows say, "Hi". I will buy you a glass of water.

-Ben


Dash! is Rad. See him at Work/Sound tonight.

No comments: