Friday, May 1, 2009

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks May 1st and 2nd

Hello Dear Readers,

I saw AAN the other day at Rotture. It was so good. Whatevs. These look good to me.

Friday, May 1st

Backspace is having a Quarter Century Party for Michael Mannheimer (y'know that dude from Willamette Week). He was able to wrangle up quite a lineup: Blue Horns, Church, Inside Voices and Patterns. All of these bands are super good. Inside Voices is on that list I keep talking about of Portland Bands that I feel really stupid for not having seen yet.

Doug Fir is having a all local show with Southerly, Soft Tags and Themes. I have played a show with Southerly and I know that Soft Tags are good. I share a practice space with Themes and have yet to see them play (even in the practice space). I hear that they are good. This is FREE show. So go. The show starts at 9 PM.

Rotture will be having a show with Reverse Dotty & The Candy Cane Shivs, Massive Moth, Blood, DJ Linoleum and DJ Bobby Lily. I have heard their new album and its good. I will probably have a review later. The show is $5 and starts at 9 PM.

I will be in Seattle and will be unable to see either of these shows, but if you see a guy with a beard. Tell him Hi. It would make me laugh.

-Ben

No comments: