Last Night I hit up the Roadside Attraction and I am glad I did. I think Black Heart Moon are doing something good. They closed their set with a moving song that I don't know the name of. But seriously I had one of those moments where I am just so glad to be alive so that I can here such beautiful music. Plus there were many people to say "Hi" to, which is fun for me. Here are some shows that are happening the rest of the week. Maybe I will have another moment, maybe not. We'll see.
Thursday, May 28th
- Kelly's Olympian is having Pigeons and Vellarest play a show. I saw aband that features some Pigeons members the other day and they were good, so it raised my interest in the Pigeons. There is a $4 and it starts at 10 PM.
- The Know is having a show with The Pink Snowflakes and Harsh Sunshine. Hooray for psychedelia! I only saw The Pink Snowflakes but it was awesome. There were bubbles and it was a lot of fun. The FREE show starts at 9 PM.
- Backspace is having a show with The Rainy States, Deer or the Doe, The Shivas, and Starparty. Pretty much a indie pop smorgasboard (I don't know how to spell that word) of bands. Looks like a pretty solid show for all the indie pop kiddies. The ALL AGES show is $6 and starts at 8 PM.
- Doug Fir is having a show with We're From Japan!, Child Bite, and The Hugs. Pretty much I think WFJ! is so great. They do the instrumental post rock thing. You know the common comparisons (Explosions in The Sky or whatever). But for real I think they are great. I Know not much about Child Bite, But I do know that the Hugs were big in Europe and went over there to record a big major label record and ended coming back severing all their major label ties (very indie rock). The show is $8 and starts at 9 PM.
Friday, May 29th
- Berbati's Pan is having a show with Hide & Go Hustle, Ship to Ship (Bellingham), Halophile (Seattle), and Secret Codes (ex-David Kyle and The Invisibles). This show should appeal to those who like post rock or mathy rock or anything in that realm of rock. Hide & Go Hustle is pretty awesome and have not played in like forever. I have not seen Ship to Ship but I have been assured that they are "pretty cool". I love me some david Kyle, whoops! I meant, I love me some Secret Codes. He loops like there is no tomorrow. The show is $5 and starts at 9 PM.
- Mississippi Studios is having Horse Feathers, The Boticellis (somewhere, CA), and Justin Power play. Horse Feathers just came back from a month long tour, so I am sure they are pretty tight. I mean every time I have seen them they have been pretty tight anyway, but I bet they are REALLY tight now. I still have yet to see Justin Power play, but I really love what I have heard on the interweb. Plus he is a super nice dude. The show is $13 and starts at 9 PM.
- The Artistery is having a show with What's Up?, Neal Morgan, and Why I Must Be Careful. It is a CD release party for What's Up? The mathy band has a dude that was in that nintendo covers band The Advantage. These guys will probably be big. The ALL AGES show is $6 and starts at 8 PM.
So if you see me at any of these give me a "Hi". I will give you a "What up" in exchange.
Hide and Go Hustle look and sound, somewhat, like this.