Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for May 13th and 14th

Hello Dear Readers,

I went to the dentist today. I cannot feel my face. I wish nothing other than to stay at home today. Maybe catch a show tonight. Oh? You want to know what's playing? I was just getting to that.

Wednesday, May 13th

  • Laurel Thirst Public House is having Dolorean play for FREE again. Is this a weekly occurrence? Crazy. I missed it last week, maybe you did too? Here is our second chance. It is FREE and starts at 6 PM.

Holocene is having a show with Jazz Blue Cranes, 3 Leg Torso, Todd Bishop (playing tonight as the leader of Pop Art 4) and DJ Drew Groove. Some people consider jazz classy. I think that it is kinda classy. So if you think you might want to add a little class in your life, check it out. It will be $10 (a classy price) and starts at 9 PM.

Local Lounge (3536 NE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd) is a place that I have never heard of. Inside Voices is a band that I have heard of and desperately want to see. The Whines I have not heard about, but I haven't heard of the Local Lounge and I might give it a shot. I am willing to try new things. It is a FREE show after all. It starts at 10 PM.

Thursday, May 14th

Doug Fir is having Lonely, Dear (Sweden), Headlights (Champaign,IL) and Church play. Lonely, Dear is Swedish and according to my roommate totally sucks. I have heard and think its pretty 'aight. I think Headlights is good pop music. In fact, I was somewhat obsessed with their song "Cherry Tulips" when it came out last year. But what I really want to write about is Church. They are so good. It is kinda moody with really good tones and keyboards and I have not seen them as a four piece. So I want to go see this show real bad. It is $10 and starts at 9 PM.

Holocene is having a all star all local lineup of Old Time Relijun, Explode into Colors, Evolutionary Jass Band and Bobby Dangerous. It is $7 and starts at 9 PM.

So if you see me out and about, Then please say "Hi". I am not a bad dude(once you get to know me).

-Ben


Old Time Relijun will play Holocene on Thursday. No word on whether shirts will be involved.

No comments: