Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for Tuesday, December 29th

Hello Dear Readers,

No shows last night, and only one show tonight. Portland, what is up? I know I know. You are getting ready for the end of the year blow out(s). Redgardless, there is one show that looks to be good.

Tuesday, December 29th

Valentine's is having a show with Root Beer and French Fry. Oh Valentine's. How I love that you have music when no one else has the balls to. You seem to always have cool or at least interesting bands. Tonight you have a cool and interesting band that is fun to boot. Root Beer and French Fry are a band that I have been meaning to check out for well over a year. In my defense, they have only played one show this year to my knowledge. They are an instrumental pop group. I would say they are an electro-pop group but I am not sure. They only have three songs on their myspace. All of the songs are pretty upbeat and use a lot of keys synthetic and otherwise. Andy Parker the drummer is a popular man amongst bands. He plays for or has played for Dirty Mittens, Old Believers/Congratulations, Eliot Rose, Gatos, and probably others. He is one of the most solid drummers in Portland and a pleasure to watch. But some of the songs also have that beloved instrument we know as the guitar. It is sounds good. I remember when I first wrote about the band many moons ago based on their name. I thought, "what a silly name, I must write about them". I will be honest I didn't listen to them unitl afterwards and then I was like "Damn, what a good sounding band". The show will be FREE and start at 9 PM.

If you see me at this shows please say, "Hi". I will be the one adding a little shake to the Root Beer and French Fry.


-Ben


This is the only video I could find that is Root Beer and French Fry related.

No comments: