Friday, February 6, 2009

I think Laura Gibson is awesome.

So I normally don't do posts that aren't show related but, what the hell, I saw something in my email that excited me so I am going to share. Laura Gibson, part of the cream of the crop in a town full of folksy music folk, as you probably know is about to drop her new album Beasts of Seasons on Hush Records. I have seen Laura play a couple times in the last few months and really enjoy the new material. any way, here is some cool news. You can legally download a cut off the album right now. It is called Spirited. The only problem is that I am at "work" and do not have speakers on the computer (probably a good thing n terms of me keeping my job). The other exciting Laura Gibson thing is that starting today, Laura will be debuting a new song every day unit February 16th. At that time, according to the Hush website, there will be a special event. Hmmmm...I tend to enjoy special events.

Also speaking of Ms. Gibson, she is about to start her tour with Juana Molina. It is a pretty cool pairing. The Portland date is February 11th at Lola's Room. That's next Wednesday, so look forward to me writing about that show next week.




-Ben



p.s. Laura one the nicest people around.

5 comments:

Dylan said...

ahhhhh laura Gibson. I'm very excited as well for the surprise event

Ben Meyercord said...

I know right!

Ben Meyercord said...

So I just listened to the song. It sounds great. I also just realized that you can't actually download the song from the link I posted, but the guys at local cut posted it as their cut of the day

Goldie Davich said...

ben - did you right click and save link?

Ben Meyercord said...

It came up as a yahoo player.