Friday, July 4, 2008

The Great Northwest: When it Reigns is RULES!

From The Golden Plates:

... Brian Coates gave himself permission to fall in love with a couple of musical motifs. He then gathered a brotherhood spanning the North American continent (Randall Alton, Josh Kalberg, Brent Fellows, Joseph Kaczmarek, Geoff Cecil, Peter Holmstrom, Jefferson Baldwin, Caleb Spiegel, Andy Olmstead, Michael Faith, Rev. Dand Lee Strickland...) around a picnic table under a fig tree and told them:

"Be not afraid. We will immerse ourselves into the chords and tones we love. Our love will give birth to a theme. We won't stop until we've given that theme a solid chance to express itself fully."

The brotherhood rejoiced at the opportunity to embrace a familiar sound and explore it's potential without having to say goodbye too soon. That is how The Great Northwest was created.


photo of Josh and Brian by Joel Didriksen

Like the Cascade volcano's that lay dormant and ready to drop Seattle into the ocean and shake the I-5 and I-205 bridge into the mighty Columbia river, The Great Northwest's album The Widespread Reign of, is ready to blow Every Ones mind. -- Ste. Goldie

PS - The album comes out July 29th. You can buy a copy here that will be shipped to you by July 29th: Kora Records

4 comments:

Ben Meyercord said...

I don't really follow except that it will blow my mind. Perhaps, I can't follow because my mind is blown.

Goldie Davich said...

Okay -- So I don't really give record reviews because i find them reboring... but for me I loved this album because i've been waiting 2 years for it! it's slow and slightly tripped out so i am grateful...

Ben Meyercord said...

Is "if you know what I mean" on it?

Goldie Davich said...

YES!!! -- hey YOU should do a record review if you like it... since I can't seem to do it...

also there is other great song called The Key which I think you would really like...

the whole album is laced with double and triple entendre's...

why didn't i write all this stuff down... are you going to buy the advance copy and get it in the mail?