Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for Tuesday, March 1st

Hello Dear Readers,

I have been really busy lately. I went on the McMinamin's Great North West Tour as Y La Bamba/Meyercord. It was a lot of fun but I was unable to blog or go to shows other than the ones I been playing. Also, I have been working a lot since I got back. Specifically during the day when show information may be useful to you. Anyways, here are the shows that look good tonight:

Bunk Bar is having a show with Hosannas. I really like Hosannas. I liked them when they were Church. I like them when they were a three piece. I liked them them when they were a four piece. No I like them when they are a two piece. Their music has recently taking a more electronic turn. They still play real instruments. mostly guitar and keyboards. Though they have one song that they have turned into a very brave accapella number. They still have a tendency to make really dynamic and dramatic music. Pretty impressive sound for a two piece. I need to have you hear this band. The show is FREE and starts at 10 PM.

Ella Street is having a show with Sun Mar, House of Wolves, and Sabrina. House of Wolves is fronted by Rey Villalobos. In fact House of Wolves is his last named translated from Spanish to English. What a bad ass last name. His voice is amazing. I will be honest with you. You might not expect his voice to come from a man. But I assure you that it is. Also he is playing with Brian Wright the great drummer of Carcrashlander and Christof formerly of Hosannas. Sabrina listed herself as being a one woman band. It will interesting to see how it goes. All the recordings are fleshed out and definitely not played by one person. The show is FREE and starts at 9 PM.

If you see me at any of these shows please say, "Hi". Okay?

-Ben


Hosannas bring it to Bunk Bar Tonight!

No comments: