Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for March 2nd and 3rd

Hello Dear Readers,

I had a crazy day at work yesterday. I actually had to work and not blog. Whatevs. It sucked. I wrote some stuff and didn't get to post it. Here is what you missed yesterday and what is happening today!

Monday, March 2nd

Muddy Waters is having a FREE ALL AGES show with Kelli Schaefer tonight. This is according to a myspace post I read this morning. Trust me this will be great. The music starts at 6 PM.

Backspace is having a show with Clues, Dirty Mittens and City Center. Dirty Mittens is pretty good. The others are as well. This show is cool because Clues has ex-members of Unicorns and Arcade Fire. City Center is Fred Thomas of Saturday Looks Good To Me (he used to live here for like five minutes). The ALL AGES show is $8-10 and starts at 8:30 PM.

Holocene is having a show with N.A.S.A., Copy, and DJ Hostile Tapeover. This is what Holocene had to say (I don't have time to say it myself, but COpy is sweet), "The story of N.A.S.A. (an acronym for North America/South America) goes back five and half years when Squeak E. Clean (Sam Spiegel) and DJ Zegon (Ze Gonzales) met in Sao Paulo, Brazil and were instantly drawn together over their mutual love for rare Brazilian funk and soul records. They decided to share their experience and create a record that similarly brought people together from different musical genres, races, religions, politics, countries and languages and ignoring these boundaries that keep people divided. The result is "The Spirit of Apollo", which includes an impressive array of guest artists who share this goal of cross-cultural collaboration. Artists on the record include Tom Waits, Method Man, OlĂ­ Dirty Bastard, George Clinton, David Byrne, Karen O. and Nick Zinner of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs!, Kool Keith, RZA, Ghostface Killah, M.I.A., Spank Rock and more." The show is $8 and starts at 9 PM.

Tuesday, March 3rd

Here is what it is. I could only find a couple of local show that looked interesting. It should be noted that Lampchop (not the sock puppet) is playing the Aladdin and that Michael Gira is playing the Doug Fir.

Dante's is having a show with Spindrift, The Upsidedown and The Pink Snowflakes. Do you like psychedlic bands? Do you like psychedelics in general? If yes, then check this show out. You will love it. I ocassionally like some tripped out rock. When I saw The Pink Snowflakes a few years back at PDX Pop Now! I thought it was rad. I kinda reminded me of Tripping Daisy. I love Tripping Daisy. Anyway, this show is $8 and starts at 9 PM.

So yeah, If you see me at this show (which is currently leaning towards the possibility that you won't), please feel obligated to say, "Hi".

-Ben


The Pink Snowflakes doing what they do. They are playing tonight at Dante's.

No comments: