Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Of Montreal: Tell me something good

I don't get Of Montreal. I tried to get it because I am on the quest for dance par-tay music. New Years is next week and I am not going to play my tired ass playlist that I've had for 2 years. I promise I tried. I thought their Outback Steak House song was weird and mildly interesting, however I like the actual Outback song way better. Everyone else loves them! Indie musicians please do not make "dance music" unless you at least drop a sexy disco beat and look hot doing it. I'm not sure how one is suppose to dance to Of Montreal. I can't take the white man's overbite much longer and or the Molly Ringwald (people it's 2008). I can only flail around so long before I feel embarrassed and sad... IT IS CALLED SOUL PEOPLE! GET SOME! or something. Good lord.


Chaka Khan



I hate my life. I need to get down. Help me find some modern soul/dance music... please. I promise not to judge you. Simon Matt Carrillo reminded me it's what's inside that counts, not your taste in music.

-- Ste. Goldie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't been very impressed with an Of Montreal album since Satanic Panic in the Attic. Their "dance music" doesn't really work for me either. I miss the old complete-psychedelic-vaudeville-freakout Of Montreal.

But in terms of actually responding to your request, perhaps try Janelle Monae. (although I'm, of course, biased toward artists who sing about robots and aliens).

Goldie Davich said...

Some Robot's have more soul than some indie rockers I know!

mike.atgl said...

I really like The Bug's album London Zoo from this year. It's going on my top 10.

On a related note, I think reggaeton has a bright future.

Anonymous said...

a band worth blogging about:

http://myspace.com/corporatewolvess