Monday, December 1, 2008

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for December 1st and 2nd

Hello Dear Readers,

Friday was hands down one of the most fun shows I have been a part of in awhile. The Sea and Cake was awesome. I thought AristeiA was awesome. Goldie thought it was so

awesome that she made a post about it.

Anyways, there aren't that many shows at the start of this week, but here they are:

Monday, December 1st.

It's the first of the month. Best get that rent in.

Now that you've sent all you rent and are getting kinda poor, you should celebrate by having a good time. Holocene has just the good time for you. They are hosting the release party show thing for the Portland Fun Book Volume 3. The Portland Fun book is . The bands playing are Flaspar, Cafeteria Dance Fever, and DJ Ghost Dad. If I know any thing

about these bands, and honestly I don't know much, this will be a fun time dance party. Plus all if the sales are going directly to charity. Nice. The show is $9 starts at 9 PM.

Ghost Realm is having the second annual Gnome Party. This, of course, will be hosted by World's Greatest Ghosts but will also feature Here Comes a Big Black Cloud!!, and Doom Hawk (Seattle). There will be costumes. That is all I can say. It will be super fun and leave you less broke because the cover is based on donation (you should try to donate something: like some moneys). The ALL AGES event will start at 8 PM.

Tuesday, December 2nd

Seriously, you need to get that rent in. There's only one show I am interested in.

Satyricon is having a show that bunches The Taxpayers with Absent Minds, Fuck Paris, Chin Up Rocky, and Stick Figure Army (the Couve). i don't know anything about these other bands, but I know that The Taxpayers are pretty rad. This ALL AGES show is $7 and starts at 7 PM.

So there. If you see me at any of these shows, do not hesitate to say , "Hi".

-Ben


World's Greatest Ghosts to play 2nd annual Gnome Party 2night!

3 comments:

Jess said...

Hey!
I am really into indie music and eventually would like to work in the scene! I think it's cool you list all of the shows you're into and personally leave your input..what better way to help out other bands? I also think its wicked some of these bands support local charities and want to donate their funds and times to such a great cause! Keep up the good work, whoever is in charge lol!

Cheers!
Jessica

Check out my blog: http://jessciaramella.blogspot.com/

Amber Dawn said...

I don't have to pay my rent till the 15th, fool. How portland is that.
The end of the week is chock-full of shows... so I guess the slow start is good? I personally am bummed because I have to play a show Saturday night and two of my favorite other bands are playing two different other shows... how hard it is to be me!

Ben Meyercord said...

Jess-- good luck working in the scene. There are so many charities going on all the time. I try to list them if I can.

Amber-- I know. I want to see your show on Saturday. But I will see you on Friday night!