Sunday, November 16, 2008

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for November 16th

Hello Dear Readers,


Did anyone make it to the Bark Hide and Horn/Blue Horns show I meant to blog about yesterday? I missed it. Then I also saw that there was a FREE Cars and Trains show with Ghost to Falco that I didn't even know about until too late. Which sucks cause I love both of those guys. But anyway there is a lot of good stuff going on tonight.


Sunday, November 16th


It is actually ridiculous how good some of these shows are.

  • Meyercord (yes, thats me) is playing a show wiht Jacob White and Leonard Mynx. Normally I would say this is a show of some dudes and their acoustic guitars. But...I think that all are a bit better than most, and I know that I'm going to play electric and have drums (thanks Dustin from Westfold). This is happening at Ash Street. It will cost you $4 and start at 9 PM.
  • Over at Doug Fir, Nick Jaina will be playing a show with Tu Fawning and Israel Nebeker (of Blind Pilot. All three are good. When Nick Jaina has his band with him, you know things are going to sound great. Plus Blind Pilot is a must see live act (just because they sound so sweet). Tu Fawning also features Joe Haege of one of my favorite Portland Bands, 31 Knots. This show is $10 and starts at 9 PM.
  • Rontoms conitnues its streak of having excellent FREE music every Sunday night. This time they are having Nurses play. They are really good. Though I have only seen them once, I have listened to the EP I bought at that show a whole bunch. Definately worth checking out. Like I said, this suckers FREE. It starts at 8:30 PM (there are probably other bands, but I don't know who they are).
  • The Coop is hosting a traveling film festival thing, the 7th Annual Gadabout Film Fest, with some music. The festival celebrates DIY film making and culture. Halo Fauna (NY) will be playing along with locals The Taxpayers an others. The ALL AGES event is $5 and starts at 8:30 PM.

If you see me at these. Please don't hesitate to say "hi".

-Ben





Here is Meyercord (of Crappy Indie Music: The Blog!) he is playing Ash Street Tonight!

No comments: