I went to a show! Finally. All it took for me to get out of the house was to have Jared Mees ask me to play a show. I played a show last night at Rontom's with him and a delightful new addition to the Portland Music Scene Nomenclature. They just moved here from Macon, Georgia. They are pretty awesome. Anyway there are more shows this wee. Some really good ones.
Monday, November 10th
Bunch of stuff considering its Monday.
- First thing is first. If you don't necessarily want to leave your home, I gots a show for you. Grey Anne will be performing live on KPSU's Sound Judgement tonight. It is FREE. All you need do is tune in at 10 PM via the website or on the actual radio at AM 1450.
- Someday Lounge is having a show with Why I Must Be Careful, and My Flag is on Fire (Reno). I write about this show because I have yet to see AAN, despite the fact that I really like what I have heard. Plus Why I Must be careful is pretty cool with their crazy jazzy freak out rhodes drums combo. This show is $7 and starts at 9 PM.
- The White Eagle has a thing that Mya Elanie hosts most Mondays. This week she is having Jacob White play a set. I have seen him play before and was quite impressed with his guy with a nylon string guiar approach to song (though when he has a violin player too it makes it even better). This event is FREE and starts early. Like 8:30 PM.
Tuesday, November 11th
Here are a couple shows.
- Valentine's is having a show Tuesday night featuring Late Night Curly, Brainstorm and William Holley. I suggest you check out these groups. I think it is totally worth the price of admission. Did I mention this was FREE? Well, it is. It starts at 9 PM.
- Dante's is having a show with The Railbenders, Vinny D Dry County Crooks, and Mike D and Thee Loyal Bastards. Country Rock. Probably more emphasis on the rock. Mike D is good in whatever incarnation he plays (his previous band, solo or this band). It is something to be seen for sure. The show is a mere $5 and starts at 9 PM.
There are a lot more shows this week and I will make more posts this week. Until then though, I hope you can go to some of these shows. And of course if you see me, please say "Hi".
Why I Must Be Careful play Tonight at Someday (and later this week too).