Monday, September 13, 2010

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for Monday, September 13th

Hello Dear Readers,

Last night I got to see The National play in Pioneer Courthouse Square. It was pretty surreal. First of all they turned the place into what looked like an arena rock stage. All sorts of lights and smoke and such. I thought I was not gonna be able to see anything at all. The wrist band I got as a band who played the fest did not actually get me into the show. I should have known, but I did not. Luckily one of my new Nike buddies spotted me outside listening to The Walkmen's set and managed to get me and my girlfriend in the show. It was awesome. One of my favorite parts was when lead singer Matt Berninger thanked all the bands that played that day including locals Helio Sequence and Talkdemonic and then joked that he and Talkdemonic had a bit of a falling out. Unless of course they really did. In which case it may be even funnier. Anyway, here are the shows that look good to me today:

The Doug Fir is having a show with Jay Brannan and Meyercord. I have not heard much about Jay Brannan. I checked out some of his youtube videos. He seems like a very sincere guy. He is a dude an caustic guitar and he plays accordingly. Meyercord is me. Especially tonight. I was asked to play solo. I usually have the security of other instruments and voices. Tonight it will be totally stripped down. You will hear the songs as I wrote them. Very simple. The show is $13 and starts at 9 PM.

The World Famous Kenton Club is having it's bi-monthly residency of Lana Rebel & The Love Lasers. I will list this show as often as it happens. I have not actually seen her play. But I love the recordings. I have seen some impressive live videos. I you like classic county tunes from a female, then I suggest you check it out. It is FREE after all. It is every second and fourth Monday of every month. The show starts at 8 PM.

If you see me at the Doug Fir please say, "Hi". I am the one with the full Beard.

-Ben


Lana Rebel & The Love Lazers is playing the Kenton Club

No comments: