Sunday, August 2, 2009

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for August 2nd

Hello Dear Readers,

It's Sunday. This means there is usually a ton of music (usually free on Sundays, as I recall). Let's see what we got.

Sunday, August 2nd

Doug Fir is having a show with Supper XX Man and Shoeshine Blue. This is part of the 'Firs "Pickin' on Sunday" series. It is kinda like that Pickathon thing that happened in Happy Valley this weekend. Except waaaaay smaller and FREE. I have liked Supper XX Man's music for a while now. Since we both lived in Portland. Shoeshine Blue I have liked for a considerable less amount of time, but that's just because I heard him a mere year ago. Anyways, this show is FREE and starts at 3 PM (so early, that I am still at work).

Rontoms is having a show with Church, Ocean Age, Orca Team and The Fall Colors. This is an amazing show. Rontom's usually does not let me down. Last time Church played Rontom's they played with Ocean Floor, I guess they must always have ocean related bands at this particular venue. Plus it is the "official" release party of their excellent new album "Song Force Crystal". The show is FREE and starts at 9 PM.

Valentine's is having a show with AAN, Ghosting, Jacob Olausson (Sweden), and Sus & Jakob (Sweden). AAN is amazing. That is all. The show is by donation and starts at 9 PM.

Someday Lounge is having a show with Audie Darling, and Black Heart Moon. True, I am friends with all of these people. But, the only reason I ever met these folks is because I really like their music. Last time I saw Leonard play it was way different than the folky stuff I remember him playing. he likes to mix it up I guess. Plus Audie is very solid. And of course, Black Heart moon makes beautiful tunes. This is part of the Portland Makes Music series put together by local cut. The Show is FREE and starts at 9 PM.

Say "Hi". Like Daniel Johnston.


I was at this show. Black Heart Moon play for FREE tonight. sweet.

No comments: