What's up? How you been? I know it has been all but 24 hours since I last posted one of these but whatevs. I need to post again (more shows and all).
Saturday, October 25th
- Rotture is having an album release show for the new Glass Candy record, Beatbox (probably more disco than old school hip hop). You like Glass Candy? Then this is the place to see them (they will be there). Farah (Plano, TX), Night Jewel (LA), and Mike Simonetti (Jersey)will also be performing. You will probably want to wear your dancing shoes to this one. I see no cover listed for the show, so this bad boy might be FREE. It starts at 9 PM with DJ Linoleum spinning records.
- Backspace will be having a show on Saturday as well. Thrones (Salem), John Wiese (Hollywood?), and Grouper are playing as part of what would seem to be an experimental rock show. It should be really interesting as Grouper, who normally makes beautiful drone-y guitar looped based music, will do a special all keyboard set. The ALL AGES show costs $6 and starts at 8 PM.
- Church is having their ALL AGES CD release show at The Hush (right above tube). There will be other bands playing but, seriously it is worth it just to see Church (who recently added a new member). It is cheap, but you should bring some extra cash to snag up the new CD. The cover is $3 or $5 (not sure) and it will start at 8 PM.
- There is a new band that was brought to my attention that might be worth checking out as well. The Goodwill River only has two songs up on their myspace page but they sound promising. It kinda has an old country feel to it. Nice. Their show is at Alberta Street Pub and they are opening for Ehren Ebbage (who will be doing a FREE in-store at Music Millennium at 5PM) from Eugene. Ehren is also good. The show is FREE and starts at 9 PM.
Sunday, October 26th
I could only find one show. But it is a good one.
- The Someday Lounge is hosting some bands I am not familiar with and Pegasus. I really like Pegasus. The bands I am not familiar with are Dominique Leone (San Fran), Cappillary Action, and Powernap. It should be an interesting night of music. Check it out. The show is $6 at the door and starts at 9 PM.
So if I am in attendance and you notice me, please come up and say "Hi".
Church on a Saturday? Crazy.