Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Updated BenMeyercord's Live Music Picks for June 9th to June 15th

Hello Dear Readers,

There has been some new information regarding my music picks. If you read the comments to my posts then you already know this, but just in case you don't, I thought it would be helpful to add an additional post to keep you informed.

Thursday, June 12th

  • First if all the Mississippi Ave Street Fair is not until July 12th. So you will just have to wait. a little bit longer (one month). Having two "J" months back to back is a terrible idea. I wish we change the calender but it seems a bit late in the game to call, "do-over".

Saturday, 14th

  • Westfold has been added to the show at The Coop with William Carpenters Towering Trees and Swallows! This show is an excellent showcase of what Portland has to offer. Those of you who read this blog already know how much we love us some Westfold. They kick ass. They have the kind of uncompromising spirit that gets you asked never to play at Roseland (bar and grill) again. William Carpenters on the other hand does something a bit different. He is firmly footed in folk music but the rest of him and his band go to other places adding atmospheres that put him above most "folk" bands. In describing Swallows, I think Tony Le Tigre said it best in the following statement "Swallows is roughly branded as experimental indie-pop with a post-riot grrrl vibe". Anyway, this will be a incredible night of music and good times. The ALL AGES show is super cheap at just $2. The thing gets started at 8 PM.

Yeah, so I really hope I get down to The Coop on Saturday. And I also really hope that you guys have a good week of show seeing.

-Ben


Westfold is so awesome. They play The Coop on Saturday.
photo by Alia Aruta

4 comments:

swiss miss said...

thanks for the photo credit. i love me some westfold - maybe i will see you there...

Ben Meyercord said...

Alia-- Oh You'll see me there.

Ben Meyercord said...

Alia--I posted that last comment under the impression that AristeiA practice was cancelled. Practice was not. I hope it was super awesome.

swiss miss said...

seriously lame ben... i was all excited to get me some ben meyercord hugs and love, but nooo he left me high and dry ;)


the show was rustic. as always, westfold made the hair on the back of my neck stand on end!