Saturday, June 7, 2008

Portland Radio Authority is Digital Democracy in Action!

CIMTB friend Gabriel Darling has a 2 hour slot from 6pm to 8 pm this Sunday on Portland Radio Authority. I plan on streaming from my computer in my living room while I continue to teach myself Dreamweaver! Digital democracy is synonymous with radio without corporate control. If you want to branch out into a world of online radio please check out the Portland Radio Authority.

In lieu of my "fuck journalists" meltdown, I bring a message of hope from media reform dear heart Bill Moyers. He spoke today, June 7th, 2008, at the NCMR:



My friend Maria is at the the National Conference for Media Reform in Minneapolis cheering me up every minute!

2 comments:

Goldie Davich said...

I posted this video at 202 views on YouTube. 3 hours later it is at 4,789. I hope everyone has a chance to watch this. It's a long video BUT it's 39:56 minutes of what I think is pure insight and important information. If you agree with him or not I would love to hear your feed back.

Unknown said...

Thank you so, so much for posting this!

I was SO incredibly inspired by all the speakers at this conference. It was so incredible to be surrounded and celebrated by musicians, comedians, bloggers, senators, veteran journalists, and FCC commissioners who were calling upon US to step up and take back our country. And where did they point us?? Toward local, independent media sources just like this one!!

I'm coming home with a renewed sense of identity and purpose. If you're inspired and want to know more, please let us know. The movement needs you. The country needs you.