Friday, August 12, 2011

KIZUNA: FICTION FOR JAPAN


Hey kids, another non-music post here. This one's for a good cause! And I'd like to think the awesomeness of my last interviewee makes up for it...

I'm sure you've all heard about the tragedy in Japan, earthquakes and tsunamis and nuclear plants wrecking shit like a boss. Well, it's always good to chip in in whatever weird way you can. I've mentioned that 9/11 benefit Iggy Pop tribute nite that I shared with the fabled DJ Greg- part of the reason I bring it up is that the good feelings it engendered have stuck with me in a very positive way. That's why I jump at the chance to bend my creative energies to a good cause, like Children of Mercy. Or now, Kizuna.

Kizuna: Fiction For Japan is the brainchild of Brent Millis, a friend and literary colleague of mine who is an American expatriate living in Japan with his wife and kids. So they felt the earthquake pretty keenly. Brent got the idea to put out a charity anthology, and it steamrolled from there. This anthology features some great stuff: big names like Michael Moorcock, John Shirley, Trent Zelazny, and Robert Price; Bizarro fiction stalwarts like Ash Lomen, Bradley Sands, David Agranoff, Andersen Prunty, and Garrett Cook; more international authors than you can shake a stick at; and of course, something by yours truly.

I'm particularly happy with my piece, "The Norwegian Makes Lemonade", part of my 'Norwegian' cycle of stories, which are seeing a hat trick of publication this year. Having read the rest of the anthology, I'll say that anyone who likes flash fiction, horror, scifi, absurdism, or just plain reading in general, will not be disappointed.

So, everyone, check out Kizuna: Fiction For Japan. It's a bit pricier than the average Kindle download, but it's 75 stories by some great authors, and an amazing share of the proceeds go to benefit... you guessed it, suffering Japanese orphans. You can't go wrong there.

No comments: