Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Indie Music Marketing: Blogs and Online Press Kits (and a plea for love)

The Joggers are on tour check out there blog and look at how awesome their Portland indie music blog is.

By the way if you are in a band and want to have a sweet online press kit check out the one AristeiA did posted on their blog...


Death and The Maiden by Egon Schiele

***********************
Dear Real and Imagined Readers of This Blog,

What I really wanted to blog about is:
We are not getting paid nor does this blog drive traffic to a business website (I wish there was a Crappy Indie Music Industries that would be hilarious). We drive traffic to other blogs and MUSICIANS AND BANDS...

If you blog about Portland Music and you are reading this blog please leave a comment. I would like to strongly encourage those of you who blog for local newspapers (ie; The Mercury or Willamette Week) to introduce yourself.

And if you leave a comment please feel strongly encouraged to use your name and add the url that would direct us to your blog. We love you. Why don't you love us?

-- Ste. Goldie

PS do it for the kids man

5 comments:

Goldie Davich said...

oh my dog.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Cool blog! I just wanted to share with you a new artisit I just found on the web. His name is Eric Solomon and his songs are great! He sounds like a mix of Jason Mraz and Chris Daughtry. Check out his website at http://www.ericsolomonmusic.com/

Goldie Davich said...

Rika - Thanks for checking out CIMTB. He's from Vancouver, CANADA... we talks about Vancouver, Washington. He's extremely stylized hhhmmm... your comment reeks of street team :-)

Anyway thanks for stopping by. If you happend to discover any new Artist in VanWA of PDX please be sure to let me know.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, Crappy Indie Music! My name is Ned. I read--and like--your blog! Unfortunately I do not have any shitty Jason Mraz/Daughtry soundalikes to recommend to you right now.

Goldie Davich said...

Ned -- Thank god.

I like the way you blog. (i can't type a Sling Blade impression... )Thank you for introducing yourself.