Sunday, July 18, 2010

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for Sunday July 18th

Hello Dear Readers,

I am going to play a music festival outside of Salem called Emerg N See. That means that I will be unable to see of the many good shows happening tonight. Here are some of those shows that look good tonight:

Rontoms is having a show with The Golden Hours, Orca Team, The Stationary Set. The show is FREE and starts at 9 PM.

Doug Fir is having a show Quiet Life, Shoeshine Blue, and The Dimes. I have heard good things about Quiet Life. I really enjoy Shoeshine Blue. The show is 3 PM.

Valentine's is having a show with Love Always, Eratz, and Alina Hardin. Love Always is Kathy Foster of The Thermals and All Girls Summer Fun Band. This is her solo project. I think that she has only played one show under this moniker. I was at the first one. I thought it was pretty promising. I really think that Alina Hardin makes beautiful folk music. The show is FREE and starts at 9 PM.


The Knife Shop is having a show with AO, Lions & Eagles, and Shenandoah Davis. AO is the latest moniker of Adrian Orange who gained prominence in the indie wold as Thanksgiving. Lions & Eagles is a band that is related to the Sec Saints Art collective. I am a fan of collectives. Shenandoah Davis was at my house last night. She had made acquaintance with a friend who was staying at my house. I had no idea that she made the music she does, which is very good. Dramatic vocals mixed with string and piano arrangements. It is really cool. The show is $4 and starts at 9 PM.

Mississippi Studios is having a show with Everest, Ezza Rose, and Winterhaven. I have heard good things about Everest. I think. The name seems familiar. Ezza Rose is pretty great. I love her voice. She recently recorded an album at Type Foundry. I cannot wait for it to come out. Winterhaven is named after the town that birthed Gram Parsons. They make music that they hope would please the Grievous Angel. It should be noted the Hoyt Emerson The show is $10 and starts at 9 PM.

Rotture is having a show with No Kind of Rider, The Non (Oklahoma City), and The Jezebel Spirit. The Jezebel Spirit is so cool. They are so cool. BroFam forever. The show is $5 and starts at 9 PM.

If you see me at any of these shows please say, "Hi".

-Ben


Lions & Eagles play at Kelly's Olympian Tonight.Port

p.s. I am going to be out of town for a week. Check out pc-pdx.com

1 comment:

saintgoldie said...

how was eeemerggantceeeeeee?