How has your week been? I've been pretty busy, but man there are some good shows. So I might try to make some time in my schedule to see some of it. We'll see.
Friday, September 12th
There are a couple things going on today. Things like this:
- Towne Lounge is having an awesome show with The Union Line, Church and Pacific UV and Local Natives. I have heard good things about Pacific UV, but I am listing this show mostly because of Church. I think these guys are great. Seriously. They are doing something interesting and I love it. Check them out. The show is $6 and starts at 9 PM.
- The World Famous Kenton Club is having a show with Sad Horse. You may recall this band from my last post when they played an in-store at Mississippi Records. Plus there are some special guests. They are a two piece that make rock music that is loud and percise. The show is FREE and starts at 9 PM.
- Or if you want something in a completely different vein, then you might want to head out to Red Room where Dr. Something and Poppin' Fresh Love Engines, with Honus Huffhines, The Visitations (Athens, GA), and The Contestants. This show is also FREE and starts .
- Also at Work/Space with Owl Dudes and ...worms. You might like it so give it a listen. This show is a to be determined cover, but it will start at 8 PM and I believe it is an ALL AGES space. Bonus.
Saturday, September 13th
There is just a whole lot going on on Saturday. I don't know what the best is but here is what is happening.
- There is a seriously amazing show at Someday on Saturday as well. 31 Knots, Reporter, and Root Beer and French Fry. 31 Knots is one of Portland's finest. There new album Worried Well is really good. Reporter always put on a good show. Root Beer and French Fry played a TBA performance that I missed. This should be a really good show. The show is $8 and starts at 9 PM.
- Rererato is having a show with White Rainbow, VxPxC (LA), Warm Climate (LA), and Saudade. This should be a cool experimental music show. I can imagine just going to Rererato and just sitting on the floor and blissing out. The ALL AGES show is a $4 donation and starts at 7 PM.
- The Wonder Ballroom is having a benefit show for The Prids. The featuring Super XX Man, Tea For Julie, Leigh Marble, The Online Romance, Saturna (Seattle), Reporter, Go Fever, Days, Myrrh, Jon Garcia, Kacey Anderson. There are a lot of good Portland bands here and its a good cause. So you might consider this one. This show's cover is sliding scale of $5-10 and starts at 9 PM.
- The Waypost is having a great show too. This one with Grey Anne, Saw Whet, and Ah Holly Fam'ly. They are all above average and totally worth checking out. I highly recommend this show. Plus its FREE and ALL AGES. The show starts at 8 PM.
- Annie Bethancourt is playing a show at 9 Muses. She has an amazing voice and is a great song writer. I would be remiss if I didn't mention this show. She also has quite a stage presence making every performance an enjoyable one. Maria Valdez and Kelly Brightwell will also be playing. The show will be $5 and start at 7 PM.
- The Funky Church is having a show with PortlandersThe Battle of Land and Sea and Down South Sallie. Headlining the show is Brooklynite Alina Simone who plays "Siberian punk-folk" music". It should be a chance to see all kinds of folk based music and how diverse it can be. The show is FREE and ALL AGES and starts at 9 PM.
- Towne Lounge is having an excellent show as well. ANN, See Me River (Seattle), and Kaylee Cole (Spokane) will all be playing sets. Basically both ANN and Kaylee Cole are excellent and I would love to see both. I don't know much about See Me River. The show is $5 and starts at 9 PM.
- Kelly's is having a Portland styled indie-rock show (ie all Portland indie-rock bands) featuring Deer or the Doe, Swim Swam Swum, and Junkface. It should be really good. I have seen Swim Swam Swum a couple times and have been really impressed with their music. You might want to check it out. The show is probably $5 and probably starts at 9 PM.
Sunday, September 14th
This is the only thing I found Sunday.
- There is the last day TBAevents with Greasy Kid Stuff, Anna Oxygen, and Elizabeth Mitchell. The event is $8-$10 without a wrist band and is from 11 AM to 2 PM.
So if you see me at any of these say, "Hi".
Saw Whet comes out of hiding to play a show on Saturday at The Waypost.