Monday, August 25, 2008

Ben Meyercord's Live Music Picks for August 25th

Here are the shows I want to see today.

Monday, August 25th

  • East End is having a show with some of my very favorite local acts Down South Sallie and Y La Bamaba are both playing sets. I have been writing about both of these ladies (though I am to understand they both have bands now) for as long as CIMTB has been around. Admittly I am biased as I play bass in Y La Bamba. But seriously ask other people and they will agree that Y La Bamba is something special. Drew Grow and The Pators' Wiveswill also be playing. I seem to reckognize the name, but I don't really know what he is all about. The show is FREE and starts at 9 PM.

  • The Tube is having a show tonight too. Their's is a little bit heavier though as Nanda Devi will be playing with La Fin Du Monde. I have seen Nanda Devi and it is a sight to see. They are kinda heavy and have some really cool gear. If you like any kind of post-rock or quasi-metal, come them out. The show is at 9 pm.


are all playing sets. You are gambling much at $5. The show music starts at 9:30 PM.
So Let me know what I have missed and if you come out to East End, say "Hi".

-Ben


Nanda Devi Play at The Tube Tonight!

No comments: