There are too many shows in Portland.
If I could I would be at two or three show every night. Unfortunately I have a lack of money and time. Plus my body tends to slow down and eventually fall asleep on me. But I guess the question is, "is that a bad thing?" It depends I suppose.
So I guess what I am getting at is this:
Wednesday December 5th, 2007
- The Portland Cello Project playing at the Holocene with the Horse Feathers (recent kill rock stars recruits) and others including my good friend Fall of Snow (aka Stephanie Casey).
- Also that night over at the Doug Fir Don Coballero is playing. I am not sure which I will go to. it all depends on if I am too exhausted from AristeiA practice.
Thursday December 6th, 2007
- Portland Cello Project playing again at the Holocene with the Horse Feathers and Fall of Snow. (No you are not crazy, it is the exactly the same line up as last night. Which can be a good thing. You have two chances to see it.)
- But at the same time there is The Graves and Boat playing over at the Doug Fir. Sigh.
Friday December 7th, 2007
- Here is where it gets really good. Friday night I want to see Shannon Jones and the Dap Kings at the Doug Fir.
- Over at the Holocene Prefuse 73 is playing.
- But deciding between these two show is a non issue as I am Playing a house show at my friend Annie's house. So that show will be Annie Bethancourt, Dave Lowensohn, Meyercord, and Westfold.
- But if you are not on the east side you should go and check out Ah Holy Fam'ly at the Towne Lounge.
Saturday December 8th, 2007:
- Saturday is easy. I want to go to the Doug Fir to see Laura Gibson who is playing a show with the Cave Singers. I have missed both of these peoples last shows and regretted it. Something that I plan to rectify this Saturday.
Sunday December 9th, 2007:
- Sunday an old acquaintance from Denton, TX, Fishboy is playing a show at Slabtown. So if I am in the mood for some indiepop opera I might go check that out.
But alas I do believe that I will be unable to attend the majority of these excellent shows because my wallet is just not fat enough. But you should try to. I figure that if we put our minds to it we can make sure that every good show is attended.
Brain Wright from The Graves -- photo by Ste. Goldie
PS -- Don't forget you can get your jam on at Someday Lounge Incubator TONIGHT!